- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Verification Statement indicating completion of an accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) within the last 5 years. If more than 5 years have passed since the student completed the DPD program, the student may be able to take additional classes to qualify for internship application. Please contact the Internship Coordinator for more information.
- A minimum of 3.0 GPA on last 60 semester/90 quarter units. (The previous eligibility requirement of a B grade or higher in MNT and Advanced Nutrition has been removed.)
- If native language is not English and applicant did not graduate from a college or university in the United States, a minimum TOEFL score of either 560 (paper-based test), 241 (computer-based test), or 83 (internet-based test) is required.
- Three letters of recommendation: 1 from a work supervisor (from a paid work position), 1 from a college/university instructor, 1 from a person of applicant's choice. WIC employee applicants must have letter of recommendation from their WIC Supervisor and be an employee in good standing.
- Demonstration of desire to stay and work in the Central Valley of California is a desired criteria, but not required.
- Applicants who have worked as paid employees for the California WIC Program for 6 consecutive months, prior to the pre-selection deadline, will be eligible for the pre-selection process.
- Reliable transportation is required.
- We are unable to accept international students at this time.